The Retro Sta-Level is a recreation of the legendary 1956 Gates Sta-Level. The Sta-Level dominated the sound of hit radio in the 1960’s. Now these super musical sounding compressors have found their way into today’s hits. The Retro Gold Edition celebrates fifty years of the products existence. The Retro Sta-Level improves on the original with six settings of recovery (release) time and three different modes of operation. Single is super smooth for bass tracks. Double is perfect for most every source you throw at it. The Triple mode allows the Sta-Level to clamp down on fast transient waveforms while still retaining great musicality. These new adjustments give you wide flexibility to find the perfect dynamics control for your specific application.
Sta-Level Tube Compressor
- Tube balance can be instantly aligned without test equipment
- Uses a pair of easily-obtainable 6BA6 gain reduction tubes. The 6386 socket is still provided..
- Two or more Sta-Levels can be coupled together for stereo, surround or sidechain operation
- XLR transformer balanced input and output
- IEC Power Connector
- Hand matched audiophile-grade coupling capacitors
- High quality, custom wound transformers used throughout
- Internal component safety cover